Add More Green Veggies to Your Diet with These Fun Tips
Bored of the same ol’, uninspired way of eating your greens? Noshing on salad and roasted vegetables can grow stale… but remember: Eating those nutrient-rich greens is a necessity!
The PreDiabetes Centers Concierge Chef has whipped up 7 new ways of eating greens.
Read on for 7 healthy, fun ways to prepare and eat greens…
1. Wrap your fish in collard greens. Simply envelope your cut of fish (salmon, halibut, or your favorite fish) in collard greens or mustard greens and throw on the grill! Or, you can roast it in the oven. Easy and delicious!
2. Make crispy kale “chips.” Simply tear washed and dried kale into bite-sized pieces, drizzle with olive oil and bake until the edges are brown but not burnt.
3. Get rolling with seaweed! Simply roll up chopped veggies or grilled chicken strips in sheets of Nori seaweed. Hand rolls make a great snack or even entrée.
4. Mix sautéed spinach with healthy Alfredo sauce. If you love creamed spinach, you’re sure to love this recipe! Sautée spinach and toss with our easy Alfredo Sauce. To make the sauce, melt 1 tablespoon butter substitute and brown 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic. Throw into a blender an add 1 cup raw cashews, 1 cup water, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon hot sauce, and 1 teaspoon salt. Puree all ingredients until smooth and creamy, and voila–a healthy, easy Alfredo Sauce to sass up sautéed spinach.
5. Throw raw bok choy in an Asian salad. Simply toss bok choy with green onions, almonds, cooked brown rice noodles, and Asian dressing (just mix olive oil, vinegar and soy sauce). A tasty Asian salad with an extra punch of green veggies!
6. Spoon egg salad into endive boats. Endives are crisp and slightly bitter – making it the perfect edible vessel to hold a rich, creamy salad. Simply separate leaves from the heads of the endive and fill ‘em with egg salad (or chicken salad or tuna salad). Arrange the endive cups on a platter for a yummy, eye-pleasing appetizer!
7. Make a Grilled Kale Caesar Salad. It’s as easy as it sounds! Grill pieces of kale (in place of lettuce) and toss with healthy Caesar dressing.
Try these tips today!