Turkey Caesar Wrap
Make lunch for the rest of the week! This recipe is easy to prepare, super fast to assemble in the morning and super scrumptious to eat for lunch.
Makes 8 servings. Total preparation time: 1 hour.
- Remove skin from turkey breasts and trim any excess fat. Pat dry with paper towels and place in bowl. Add olive oil, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper and rub to marinade. If possible, marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season and roast turkey for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Continue to roast turkey until thickest part of breast registers 160 degrees on instant-read thermometer, about 30 minutes longer. Let turkey rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- While turkey is cooking, prepare dressing dip. In blender, purée dressing ingredients until smooth and uniform. Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble, slice turkey breasts into 1/4-inch thick slices. Lay out tortillas or flat breads. Tear up lettuce leaves and lay one piece down toward bottom third of flatbread or tortilla. Add shredded cabbage and carrots, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Lay two pieces of turkey on top and roll up.
- Serve immediately with dressing or wrap with parchment paper or plastic wrap and store dressing separately. Keeps refrigerated for up to 6 days.
2 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 boneless turkey boneless breasts (3-5 lbs.)
8 lettuce leaves
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
1 cup julienned or shredded carrots
Parmesan cheese, shredded
whole grain flatbreads or tortillas
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (2 lemons, juiced)
2-inch lemon peel
3 cloves peeled garlic
1 teaspoon anchovy paste or Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Vegennaise
We realize that you may not always have the time to cook meals from scratch, and that a quick and easy substitution may be needed. We always recommend cooking the real thing, but in a pinch you can try this instead:
Buy roasted turkey breast. Lay out flatbread and top with romaine lettuce, cabbage and shredded parmesan. Top with sliced turkey breast. Roll up flat bread and serve with Caesar Dressing on the side. Enjoy!