I am raw html block.
Click edit button to change this html
Week 10 Premium Lifestyle Plan
Nothing is more stressful than messing up the seasoning of a dish! If you’ve added too much salt, sugar or spice the damage is usually done. In mild cases, however, the overpowering ingredient can sometimes be masked by the addition of another from the opposite end of the flavor spectrum.
Keep calm in the kitchen with these quick fixes: If your food is too salty, add an acid or sweetener such as vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, unsalted tomatoes, sugar, honey or maple syrup. If your food is too sweet, add an acid or seasonings such as vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, chopped fresh herbs, cayenne. For dessert dishes, a bit of liqueur or espresso powder works well. If your food is too spicy or acidic, add a fat or sweetener such as butter, cream, sour cream, cheese, olive oil, sugar, honey or maple syrup.
Foods to Include
- Animal proteins: fresh or water-packed fish, wild game, lamb, duck, chicken and turkey
- Dairy and eggs: omega-3 eggs, cheese
- Dairy substitutes: nut milks such as almond milk and coconut milk, rice cheese, vegan cheeses
- Whole grains: sprouted grains, brown rice, oats, millet, amaranth, teff, buckwheat, quinoa, black rice, wheat, barley, spelt, kamut, rye, triticale, corn, corn meal
- Fruits and vegetables: whole fruits (unsweetened, frozen or water-packed), canned fruits, dried fruit, all vegetables (raw, steamed, sautéed, juiced, or roasted)
- Vegetable protein: edamame, split peas, lentils, legumes, chickpeas, beans, soy, tofu, vegetarian meat substitutes, tempeh
- Nuts and seeds: walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, nut butters (peanut, almond), sesame, tahini, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Oils: cold-pressed olive, flax, safflower, sesame, almond, sunflower, walnut, coconut,
- Drinks: filtered or distilled water, decaffeinated herbal teas, seltzer or mineral water
- Sweeteners: brown rice syrup, agave nectar, stevia, honey, blackstrap molasses, maple syrup
- Condiments: vinegar, vegan Worcestershire sauce, Braggs Amino Acids, all spices including salt, pepper, basil, carob, cinnamon, cumin, dill, garlic, ginger, mustard, oregano, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, thyme and turmeric