Week 4 Premium Lifestyle Plan
Recommit and Lean In! If you’re following your meal plan, you should feel lighter and have more energy. To further assist your omega-3 intake, this week we’re introducing omega-3 eggs. It’s still very important to get in 3-5 servings of fish a week, but omega-3 eggs will help! Omega-3s hold the key to improved insulin function, lower inflammation and an optimized metabolism.
Two items are making their way back to the Foods to Include list. It’s now okay to have a 5 oz. glass of wine if you are a woman, and two 5 oz. glasses if you are a man. We’re also bringing back dairy! You probably noticed it was missing before, but we didn’t want to bring it back the same week as meat… you likely would have suffered from gastrointestinal distress!
Foods to Include
- Animal proteins: fresh or water-packed fish, wild game, lamb, duck, chicken and turkey
- Dairy and eggs: omega-3 eggs, cheese
- Dairy substitutes: nut milks such as almond milk and coconut milk, rice cheese, vegan cheeses
- Whole grains: sprouted grains, brown rice, oats, millet, amaranth, teff, buckwheat, quinoa, black rice, wheat, barley, spelt, kamut, rye, triticale, corn, corn meal
- Fruits and vegetables: whole fruits (unsweetened, frozen or water-packed), canned fruits, dried fruit, all vegetables (raw, steamed, sautéed, juiced, or roasted)
- Vegetable protein: edamame, split peas, lentils, legumes, chickpeas, beans, soy, tofu, vegetarian meat substitutes, tempeh
- Nuts and seeds: walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, nut butters (peanut, almond), sesame, tahini, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Oils: cold-pressed olive, flax, safflower, sesame, almond, sunflower, walnut, coconut,
- Drinks: filtered or distilled water, decaffeinated herbal teas, seltzer or mineral water
- Sweeteners: brown rice syrup, agave nectar, stevia, honey, blackstrap molasses, maple syrup
- Condiments: vinegar, vegan Worcestershire sauce, Braggs Amino Acids, all spices including salt, pepper, basil, carob, cinnamon, cumin, dill, garlic, ginger, mustard, oregano, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, thyme and turmeric