Week 5 Premium Lifestyle Plan
Stay Focused on Nutrient Dense Fiber to Feel Fuller. When it comes to building healthy habits, small decisions add up over time. Start with soup and salad first! Fill up on vegetables and whole grains with nutrient dense fiber and start treating your fats and proteins more like condiments than the centerpiece of meals.
Having trouble with your 10,000 steps? What about pushups, sit-ups and all the other key exercises? Make yourself your first priority. You can do it!
Foods to Include
- Animal proteins: fresh or water-packed fish, wild game, lamb, duck, chicken and turkey
- Dairy and eggs: omega-3 eggs, cheese
- Dairy substitutes: nut milks such as almond milk and coconut milk, rice cheese, vegan cheeses
- Whole grains: sprouted grains, brown rice, oats, millet, amaranth, teff, buckwheat, quinoa, black rice, wheat, barley, spelt, kamut, rye, triticale, corn, corn meal
- Fruits and vegetables: whole fruits (unsweetened, frozen or water-packed), canned fruits, dried fruit, all vegetables (raw, steamed, sautéed, juiced, or roasted)
- Vegetable protein: edamame, split peas, lentils, legumes, chickpeas, beans, soy, tofu, vegetarian meat substitutes, tempeh
- Nuts and seeds: walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, nut butters (peanut, almond), sesame, tahini, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Oils: cold-pressed olive, flax, safflower, sesame, almond, sunflower, walnut, coconut,
- Drinks: filtered or distilled water, decaffeinated herbal teas, seltzer or mineral water
- Sweeteners: brown rice syrup, agave nectar, stevia, honey, blackstrap molasses, maple syrup
- Condiments: vinegar, vegan Worcestershire sauce, Braggs Amino Acids, all spices including salt, pepper, basil, carob, cinnamon, cumin, dill, garlic, ginger, mustard, oregano, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, thyme and turmeric