I am raw html block.
Click edit button to change this html
Week 8 Premium Lifestyle Plan
Believe it or not, most people have no trouble getting enough whole grains into their diet. Clearly, all white breads should be replaced with whole grains, but don’t go overboard: Portion your whole grain servings like croutons or as a condiment to your meal.
For tasty beverage ideas, refer back to this week’s lesson for some nice alternatives to soda and alcoholic beverages, or freeze fruit and juice in ice cube trays to add extra flavor to your sparkling water to stay hydrated.
Foods to Include
- Animal proteins: fresh or water-packed fish, wild game, lamb, duck, chicken and turkey
- Dairy and eggs: omega-3 eggs, cheese
- Dairy substitutes: nut milks such as almond milk and coconut milk, rice cheese, vegan cheeses
- Whole grains: sprouted grains, brown rice, oats, millet, amaranth, teff, buckwheat, quinoa, black rice, wheat, barley, spelt, kamut, rye, triticale, corn, corn meal
- Fruits and vegetables: whole fruits (unsweetened, frozen or water-packed), canned fruits, dried fruit, all vegetables (raw, steamed, sautéed, juiced, or roasted)
- Vegetable protein: edamame, split peas, lentils, legumes, chickpeas, beans, soy, tofu, vegetarian meat substitutes, tempeh
- Nuts and seeds: walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, nut butters (peanut, almond), sesame, tahini, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Oils: cold-pressed olive, flax, safflower, sesame, almond, sunflower, walnut, coconut,
- Drinks: filtered or distilled water, decaffeinated herbal teas, seltzer or mineral water
- Sweeteners: brown rice syrup, agave nectar, stevia, honey, blackstrap molasses, maple syrup
- Condiments: vinegar, vegan Worcestershire sauce, Braggs Amino Acids, all spices including salt, pepper, basil, carob, cinnamon, cumin, dill, garlic, ginger, mustard, oregano, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, thyme and turmeric